Trench is a supplier of specialized electrical products and a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of dry type air-core reactors for all utility and industrial applications. The reactor range goes from small kvar to large power reactors for variuos applications and includes also special reactors for unique challenges in industrial and utility projects.
For more than 60 years Trench develops together with its customers special reactors for different and unique applications such as reactor for test labs or iron-core reactors used in the electrochemical industry and the transportation industry on ships and in railway networks. The unique experience combined with an extensive investment into engineering, manufacturing and testing capabilties makes Trench the prefered partner for any special application of reactors.
Tony Trench invented the world’s first dry-type air-core reactor
encapsulated in epoxy-impregnated resin – a design that set the standard for all modern coils worldwide
- Reactive power approx. 250 kVAr up to 30 MVAr (50 Hz equivalent)
- System voltage up to ~24 kV
- System DC or AC (single- or 3-phase)
- Installation: indoors or cubicle mounted
- Cooling: WF, AN, AF, AV (air-ventilated)
- Core design: dry type, core or shell-type
- Tailor made based on customer‘s specification
- Conductor material: Aluminium or copper
- For WF cooling with integrated hollow conductors
A vaste experience in developping special reactors in air-core and iron-core technolgoy makes Trench the preferred partner for any special reactor application.
- Industrial Power Conversion:
– Large variable-speed drives (e.g. for steel industry, oil pumps and compressors for oil and gas transportation)
– Electrochemical industry (e.g. galvanotechnics)
- Naval and Railway Sector
– Large variable-speed drives for ships
– Stationary power conversion for railway systems
- Power System (Energy-)Sector
– Current limiting and harmonic filtering
– Di/Dt limiting saturable reactors
- UPS (uninterruptible power supply)-Systems
– Especially HV UPS-Systems
Test lab reactors
Test lab reactors are installed in high-voltage and high-power test laboratories. Typical applications include current-limiting, synthetic testing of circuit-breaker, inductive energy storage and artificial lines
International customers count on Trench’s experience when equipping high voltage test laboratories with reactors. The history goes back to the 1960s when Trench supplyed high current and high voltage test reactors for international test laboratories like KEMA in Arnheim/The Netherlands.
Neutral earthing reactors
Neutral earthing reactors limit the line-to-earth fault to specified levels. Specifications should include unbalanced condition, continuous current duration and short-circuit current duration
Trench offers special reactors incorporating dry type iron cored reactors with air natural, air forced or water cooling. The application for such dry type iron cored reactors may range from smoothing reactors, shunt reactors, energy storage reactors, to name just a few.